Friday, October 13, 2006

Lux: FIN


Made it back to England and had the expected come down from Lux madness. A lot of quiet and sleeping and distracted time with Neeta and Paul. The first thing Neeta and I did upon my arrival in London was drop off "the box of potential" at the lab. This is what I had come to call the 4x5 film box that contained the accumulated 20 shots I had taken over the previous 3 weeks, basically my most precious posession. I came back into London a few days later from Hampstead Marshall where Neeta and Paul live to see some art and get back the negs.

Victory! Though I am now back in Brooklyn and still processing the images and on some deeper level am not sure how I feel I have to say I am one lucky soul. ALL the shots came out. Though Milan has some serious reflections from the lit up hotel window, I may edit it out as it is one of the smaller cities and less interesting. The rainy shot in Amsterdam that I was worried about, did reveal the reflections of the raindrops but is really beautiful. I won't be able to use it for the final series though I would like to use it for something and do have two other options for Amsterdam. Cologne is the only place I will have to reshoot. The trains passing over the bridge behind the shot I believe caused the camera to move and a ghost of the skyline is visible. Frustrating but considering all that could have stopped me from getting what I needed in all the cities I am thoroughly thankful and honestly amazed! It won't be too difficult to reshoot (I just have to get back there...)

Now I am on to planning for Lux Japan. I am off with my housemate and good friend Gayle on Nov 14-29th and will visit and photograph 6 cities: Tokyo, Yokohama, Sopporo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Kyoto. In the meantime I head to Chicago and the Twin Cities next week and in December will photograph Dallas, Houston and Pheonix. I will then have; Atlanta, Philly, DC, Detroit and Seattle left for the US(Seattle maybe in Dec?).

I will keep you updated! Thanks for checkin into Lux Europe and for all support.

christina

No comments:

Post a Comment